Hello everyone!
I would like to share a project that was both very emotional and meaningful for me. As part of this assignment, I had a conversation with Mustafa Kemal Atatürk using Magic School’s Character Chatbot. After asking my questions, I also used Magic School’s Writing Feedback Tool to strengthen the report I wrote and improve it based on the feedback I received.
This project gave me the opportunity to interact with a historical figure in a highly realistic way that would not be possible in today’s classroom environment. The main purpose of the activity was to demonstrate how educational artificial intelligence can be when used correctly and effectively, while also providing an opportunity to practice English.
One of the most beneficial aspects of AI was its ability to provide an interactive learning environment. Instead of relying solely on the information I had learned about Atatürk at school, I was able to ask him questions directly and receive detailed responses. This made the process more engaging and increased my motivation to continue learning. In addition, it gave me the opportunity to improve my language skills.
One of the biggest challenges I faced during this project was registering for Magic School. After entering the required information, I was supposed to receive a confirmation email, but no email ever arrived. Later, I discovered that some of my classmates had experienced the same issue. As a solution, I used a friend’s account to complete the assignment. Another challenge was that, although the chatbot’s responses were generally relevant and well-structured, I had to remind myself that I was still communicating with an AI system. Therefore, I spent additional time verifying the accuracy of some of the information it provided.
As a future English teacher, I definitely believe that I will integrate similar tools into my teaching practice. By interacting with historical figures, authors, or fictional characters, students can improve their speaking and writing skills in an engaging way. One of the most important factors in keeping students motivated is that they can communicate with characters they are genuinely interested in. As a result, these conversations may not feel like traditional studying or language practice, but rather like an enjoyable and meaningful interaction. This can increase student engagement and encourage more active participation in the learning process.
Overall, this experience showed me that artificial intelligence has significant potential to enhance language learning by making it more interactive, personalized, and engaging. However, it also made me realize that its effectiveness depends on accessibility and reliable use. Therefore, while AI can be a powerful educational tool, it should be used thoughtfully and integrated into learning environments in a balanced way to ensure equal opportunities for all students.
You can access my work here. Thank you for reading!

Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder